Sunday 1 June 2008

Cranberry and White Chocolate Flapjacks

On Thursday night I made cranberry and white chocolate flapjacks as part of the Sweet and Simple Bakes Event.

I attempted to make some flapjacks a couple of weeks ago but I tried to mix to recipes together and also cooked it a little too long. It resembled granola rather than flapjacks.

I have to say that these flapjacks were dead easy to make. Even if I did end up going to bed a bit later, as I waited for them to cool enough to put the white chocolate on top. Why do I always do these things at the last minute? I used Green and Black's white chocolate. I was a bit upset when they were taken over by Cadbury's but they are still a readily available organic chocolate. I am not a great fan of white chocolate. I much prefer the more bitter 70% chocolate. I find white chocolate a bit too sweet for my palate. I have to say that I am much more of a starter person than a dessert person.


I took the flapjacks into work for a tasting and I have to say they went down very well. Andrew looked a bit upset when I started to pack them up to take to work.

I look forward to next month's recipe and I am sure so are my work colleagues.

5 comments:

Rosie said...

Hi Serena. oh boy those flapjacks look SO scrummy!! Well done :)

Many thanks for taking part in this month's bake at Sweet & Simple Bakes!! Looking forward to you joining with us again with our next bake :)

Best wishes Rosie x

Arundathi said...

they look v good - i subbed milk choc. for the white (since we don't seem to get white here) and it was delicious!

Maria♥ said...

Hi Serena

Wow your flapjacks look incredibly delish!

Thanks for taking part in this months bake and hoping you will be joining us in our next bake ;o)

Maria
x

Jersey Girl Cooks said...

Very nice! I used dark chocolate and it worked fine.

Kelly-Jane said...

They look great! Well done :)