Wednesday 5 March 2008

Not such a successful day

My weekly routine of working from home on my thesis whilst waiting for the veg box has been working well until now. I had to go into the lab to start my instruments running. Then I came back to the flat, unfortunately I spent most of today doing work on other things! Which is quite annoying. I had a goal of having 2 chapters handed to my supervisor by the end of month. I don't think this is going to happen. So I have decided to work from home again tomorrow and try to make some progress on the current chapter.

The box arrived. This weeks contained:

  • celery
  • onions
  • parsnips
  • potatoes
  • carrots
  • swede
  • kale
  • spring cabbage
  • leeks
I made bubble and squeak, as I got a jealous look from Andrew when he saw picture from last week.

I am really enjoying the regular delivery of vegetables. The only problem I have is the peelings. Andrew and I recycle everything that we can and take our own bags to the shops. But we have nowhere to put our peelings, of which there are lot! If we had a garden then of course they would go on a compost but we don't. I think that this may need some investigating. . .

No comments: