Monday 3 March 2008

Nice work if you can get it

The veg box has been used to good effect this week. Our friend Stuart came round on Wednesday for dinner. So Andrew cooked a pan fried sausage dish which has a mustard and apple sauce. I roasted beetroot, parsnips, carrots and potatoes in goose fat (which was acquired from Christmas dinner).

Andrew went off to Nice for a work thing on Thursday, I am sure that he will blog about this at some point. So left alone with the veg box, I decided to take advantage. So I made bubble and squeak with the first decent poached egg I've manage to do:


As you can see I could wait to eat and then remembered that it might be a good to take a picture, mainly to make Andrew jealous!

I spent the weekend in the lab. I would love to finish the majority of my lab work by the end of April as this would give me 5 months to write the thesis. Hence the lack of fun at the weekend. When I got back home on Sunday I made a soup for lunch this week. I got the recipe from veg box recipes, I decided to make the winter minestrone soup.


I thought that I should celebrate Andrew's return to Scotland, so I prepared the traditional meal of haggis, neeps (swede) and tatties. The haggis was vegetarian and very good too.

No comments: