Saturday 28 February 2009

. . . And we're back!


I noticed the other day that I hadn't blogged for 4 months. The main reason for this is our PhDs. The blog had become a big distraction, a nice one but a still a distraction. Plus I started a new job and needed to concentrate on a different challenge.

Andrew had his viva (oral examination) on the 5th of November and passed. I was due to have my viva on this date as well, but the internal examiners pulled out. So I had to wait until the 30th of January for my viva, which I passed. The last few weeks have been spent making the corrections and getting it hard bound. On Friday I handed it in, which means that our PhD ordeal is over and I can start blogging again.

The graduations aren't till June, so I don't feel we can call ourselves Dr until then. But believe me that when we do that our names on our bank cards will be changed.

I saw this comic strip and can relate to this. It has been a struggle to get it finished but now I see our theses in their hard bound glory it does feel good.

3 comments:

Jules said...

Good to see you back, I've missed your alcohol recipes!

Congratulations to you both on passing your vivas.

natalia said...

Ciao Congratulations !! Waiting for your new baking !!

Trekkie said...

I'm so pleased to see you back in the saddle (so to speak). Congrats on the PhD.